April 19, 2008

Greg is here to visit with Gabriella (and us) this weekend. He says that she is a sweetheart! Her head is still swollen, her antibiotics are complete and Monday marks a critical week (life/death) as they begin to take her off the paralying meds and she begins to do some moving.

There are positive/negative things that comes with this. The negative-bronchial spasms and another "episode" and the positive-she will see her mommy/daddy/grandma/sister again and her auntie Mel for the first time.

An interesting thing happen while Greg was visiting her-Gabriella held on to his hand! Previously her grip was only our finger inside her's-yesterday, Greg came out after his visit and said "she has a strong grip"...I was puzzled as she didn't have a "grip" the past two weeks. When I visited next, I took her hand as I always do and when I tried to release it at the end of my visit, she was gripping tightly! she was telling us "I'm here".

I praise God for this wonderful little girl with such will to live and such a beautiful spirit. I know that she is truly our "unique" (as the doctors call her) and miracle baby girl.

No comments: