
Dear Gabriella (or as I liked to call you "Gabby Girl"),
I write this letter with very mixed emotions. I feel sadness and joy at the same time. With the two being such strong and opposite emotions, it is very difficult to keep my feelings to myself; therefore, what better way to release these emotions than to express to you how I am feeling. First, I feel sadness. My feelings of sadness are truly selfish. It makes me sad to imagine this world without "Gabby Girl". Though I will miss you terribly, I don't want to dwell on the sadness. So let's focus on all the joy you brought to all those who had the honor of knowing you. Going to work is not going to be the same for quite some time. You were always the "bright spot" in my day. Whether I was taking care of you for the day or just stopping by to say hi, your beautiful face always cheered me up. Even on your "bad" days (the days you weren't feeling so good or the days you weren't quite yourself) you still managed to put a smile in my heart. I thank you for that special gift you gave me. Now when I'm having a bad day at work I'll just search my heart and mind, find you there, and you will continue to make me smile.
Here are just a few things I am going to miss about you:
Kissing your feet, having you kick me with those very same feet I had just kissed (I know you weren't trying to be mean, it was one of your ways of communicating. ) HaHa!
Your wild and crazy hair and brushing it so softly...you loved that, deciding which "hair do" best suits you on a particular day, you holding my fingers ever so tightly, your kissing sounds, your smile, your cute little two teeth.
And what I will miss most about you are those brown beautiful eyes that can melt anyone's heart instantly. I wrote you a poem reflecting on our special mment we had Monday evening.
I am so thankful God gave us that time. I will cherish it forever and ever. I felt very connected with you spiritually and you gave me great peace and comfort.
I love you Gabby.
Forever in my heart,
Nurse Angie
I write this letter with very mixed emotions. I feel sadness and joy at the same time. With the two being such strong and opposite emotions, it is very difficult to keep my feelings to myself; therefore, what better way to release these emotions than to express to you how I am feeling. First, I feel sadness. My feelings of sadness are truly selfish. It makes me sad to imagine this world without "Gabby Girl". Though I will miss you terribly, I don't want to dwell on the sadness. So let's focus on all the joy you brought to all those who had the honor of knowing you. Going to work is not going to be the same for quite some time. You were always the "bright spot" in my day. Whether I was taking care of you for the day or just stopping by to say hi, your beautiful face always cheered me up. Even on your "bad" days (the days you weren't feeling so good or the days you weren't quite yourself) you still managed to put a smile in my heart. I thank you for that special gift you gave me. Now when I'm having a bad day at work I'll just search my heart and mind, find you there, and you will continue to make me smile.
Here are just a few things I am going to miss about you:
Kissing your feet, having you kick me with those very same feet I had just kissed (I know you weren't trying to be mean, it was one of your ways of communicating. ) HaHa!
Your wild and crazy hair and brushing it so softly...you loved that, deciding which "hair do" best suits you on a particular day, you holding my fingers ever so tightly, your kissing sounds, your smile, your cute little two teeth.
And what I will miss most about you are those brown beautiful eyes that can melt anyone's heart instantly. I wrote you a poem reflecting on our special mment we had Monday evening.
I am so thankful God gave us that time. I will cherish it forever and ever. I felt very connected with you spiritually and you gave me great peace and comfort.
I love you Gabby.
Forever in my heart,
Nurse Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment